Photo Gallery | New Hanover Co. Board of Education approves new appointments
NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WECT) – The New Hanover County Board of Education recently approved the following new appointments for the 2012-2013 school year, according to a news release from the school system:
- Dr. Julie Duclos-Greenwood has been appointed as priority schools coach for New Hanover County Schools (NHCS). Dr. Duclos-Greenwood currently serves as principal of Murrayville Elementary School. She was also principal of Alderman Elementary, assistant principal at Carolina Beach Elementary, taught fourth grade at Mary C. Williams Elementary and special education at J. C. Roe Elementary. Dr. Duclos-Greenwood was formerly a lead specialist/observer and evaluator with Camp Lejeune Dependents’ Schools.
- Ms. Tim Dominowski, principal of Bradley Creek Elementary School, will replace Dr. Duclos-Greenwood as principal of Murrayville Elementary School.
- Jayne Kiker, currently serving as assistant principal at Laney High School, has been appointed as principal of Bradley Creek Elementary School. Previously, she was an assistant principal at North Brunswick High School. Ms. Kiker taught at Parsley and Sunset Park Elementary Schools and Coventry Elementary School in Yorktown, Virginia.
- Deborah Greenwood has been appointed as principal of Forest Hills Global Elementary School. Ms. Greenwood is currently an elementary principal with South Redford Schools in Redford, Michigan. Previously, she was an elementary principal with Holly Area Schools in Holly, Michigan, Title I Coordinator with Oak Park Schools, Oak Park, Michigan, Executive Director of K-12 Curriculum and Instruction with Brandon Schools-Ortonville, Michigan, and elementary principal with Avondale Schools, Auburn Hills, Michigan.
- Cindy Talbert, who has held several principal positions with the district prior to her retirement, will return as principal at Snipes Academy of Art and Design. Ms. Talbert was principal of Pine Valley and Ogden Elementary Schools and was an assistant principal at Ogden and Blount Elementary Schools. During her retirement, she served as an interim principal and assistant principal at Gregory Elementary School of Science, Math & Technology, Sunset Park, Forest Hills Global and Blair Elementary schools.
- Karen Greene, currently serving as a data analyst in the NHCS Testing Department, will serve as the Director of Testing. Previously, she was a lead teacher in the Department of Instruction and Academic Accountability. Ms. Greene was also a computer resource and science, math and technology teacher for NHCS.
- The Board of Education also approved the appointment of Lawrence S. Clark to the Cape Fear Community College board of trustees. Mr. Clark is the dean of the Cameron School of Business at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. He is a past board member and Treasurer for New Hanover Regional Medical Center and past Co-Chair of the Partners for Economic Inclusion. He is on the board of Elderhaus and a member of Wilmington Downtown Rotary. Mr. Clark’s prior service positions include: Member, Cape Fear Council Boys Scouts of America; Chair, Rohnert Park/Cotati United Way Board; Chair and Member, Biracial Commission, Shreveport.
Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.