Keep us, and your neighbors, in the know.
- News tips
- Community Events
- Become a blogger
- Submit a story
NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WECT) – The cause of an early morning fire that destroyed a mobile home in the 4200 block of Gordon Road has been identified as unattended incense, according to Deputy Fire Marshal Ray Griswold.
According to New Hanover County Dispatch, the call for the fire came in around 2:00 a.m.
Crews from New Hanover County and the Wilmington Fire Department helped to get the flames under control. Investigators said the home is a complete loss.
A family with two children live in the mobile home, but no one was home at the time of the fire. The fire started in kitchen living room area. Officers cannot get a hold of the family at this time.
The mobile home next door experience minor damage as a result of the fire.
Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.